Byron Bay is Australia’s soul to the sea. Golden sand, picturesque scenery, captivating down to earth people and whole fresh foods, summing up everything Australia has to offer in one location. Located 2 hours south of Brisbane, Byron makes for a perfect day trip or a great get away for the weekend. If you haven’t check it out, what are you waiting for? Here are my top picks for Byron Bay in a day!
Beach: Main beach is where it’s at! Just follow the main road in town to the end and you’ll find sweet golden sand in your toes. Parking spots along the beach are paid parking metres, with inspectors circling in their cars waiting for offenders. Otherwise park a bit further away on Marvell Street for free.
The Light House: Follow the signs all the way up to the Byron Bay Light House, but be warned, if you drive there is a $7 parking fee, otherwise be environmentally friendly and walk the track from the beach up, it is a nice scenic walk for free.
|The most eastern point in Australia!|
|Lamb Burger & Roast Pumpkin and Goats Cheese Salad|
I took a meat-n-three-veg kind of guy here, who was slightly sceptical of what he thought was ‘non-conventional’ foods, and he loved it – isn’t that proof that anyone will!?
Naked Treaties put their heart and soul into the food they make, truly reflecting the nature of Byron Bay.
|Raw Jaffa Tart & Raw Tiramisu.
Close your eyes and say YUM and you’d never know the difference!
Drinks: The Balcony Bar & Restaurant. Perfect for an afternoon cocktail. They looked so delicious, I was salivating and green with envy just walking past seeing people sip on their cocktails at 1pm in the afternoon, it’s never too early in Byron!
Interesting facts about Byron Bay:
- The most Eastern point of Australia.
- Byron Bay is closer to the QLD border than it is to NSW’s capital Sydney.
- The Light house was built in 1901.
- A tourist hotspot due to it’s unique environment and many natural wonders, however there are still many locals filling the place.
- Between May and November, Cape Byron is a prime whale watching destination.
- Going out for lunch and dinner is not cheap in Byron, backpackers beware!