ANZAC Biscuits are one of my favourite Australian biscuits! Give these easy gluten free ANZAC biscuit recipe a go, I think you’re going to love it. They taste almost the same as the glutenous-oaty biscuits however are 100% gluten free!
This years marks 100 years on, therefore as a tribute I decided to make these lovely biscuits for my work colleges. No one should miss out, so here is my gluten free ANZAC biscuit recipe! Tell me in the comments below how you went and what you think of this ANZAC biscuit recipe!
Makes approximately 25 biscuits
- 1 cup quinoa flakes / rolled amaranth /or 2 cups gluten free cornflakes
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 Tbsp of slithered almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups plain gluten free flour
- 125g butter/margarine (or dairy free version)
- 1 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1 ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
And Here’s How to Make It…
- Preheat oven to 130 degrees Celsius. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Mix together quinoa/amaranth/cornflakes, coconut, sugar and flour in a bowl.
- Melt butter/margarine with the golden syrup in a small saucepan.
- Add bicarbonate soda to boiling water and mix to dissolve. Add to butter mixture.
- Pour butter mixture into dry ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Roll dessert spoons of mixture into balls and place on the lined tray, being careful to allow room for spreading. Slightly flatten with a fork dipped in gluten free flour (to prevent sticking).
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly on tray before placing on a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Gluten Free ANZAC biscuit recipe slightly adapted from Gluten Free Julia which can be found here!